Gunnedah Shire Council is moving to the second phase of its economic response to COVID-19, with the introduction of the Community Resilience Business Recovery Package – Invigorate Gunnedah.
Endorsed by Council at the July Ordinary Meeting, the second phase of the package, valued at more than $800,000, incorporates a range of community and business initiatives to support recovery, rebuilding and revitalisation throughout the Gunnedah Shire.
The recovery package is centered upon six key objectives, including:
- Support local spending,
- Bring vibrancy back into the CBD,
- Strengthen our businesses and encourage resilience,
- Grow our tourism sector in Gunnedah Shire,
- Promote Gunnedah as the first choice to live, work and invest, and
- Drive local infrastructure projects to create more jobs.
Each objective will be achieved through a number of initiatives and strategies, to be rolled out in the coming weeks.
For further information about these initiatives and Gunnedah Shire Council’s broader COVID-19 response, visit www.gunnedah.nsw.gov.au